NICEIC Area E

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NICEIC Area E
NICEIC Area E
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» I.T. system - medical locations
The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:00 am by Andy B

» regulation 537.1.4
The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 3:59 am by iant

» Flashing LED Lamps on Two Way Switched Circuits
The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 am by terry gray

» The Long Lead (R2) Continuity Test for Periodic Inspections
The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 pm by terry gray

» The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling
The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:22 pm by terry gray

» Shocking experience whats the explanation?
The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 am by Dunc

» Use of a Voltage Detector as a Means of Quickly Finding Unearthed Metalwork
The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:25 am by terry gray

» Certificates
The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:33 pm by terry gray

» Use of an A.C. Milli-Amp Clampmeter for Fault Finding Purposes
The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 am by terry gray

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Affiliates
free forum

The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling

2 posters

Go down

The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  Empty The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling

Post by terry gray Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 pm

When carrying out Solar PV assessments, it has become apparent that a many installers fail to provide adequate marking-up and appropriate labels for the Solar pv installation. It is also important that system layout diagrams/user instructions are provided at the consumer unit position and adjacent to the inverter, if installed in the loft. This is so anyone undertaking maintenance inspection and testing can see exactly what the Solar PV system comprises of, together with any pertinent operating instructions.

The DC String conductors will require marking for polarity at their terminations (Brown & Grey) and where there are multiple strings they should be numbered up accordingly. Furthermore, the string conductors require labelling along the run at approx 1m intervals to indicate that the conductors are 'permanently live during daylight hours' and the AC/DC isolators appropriately labelled. Examples of the labels required can be seen on pg 43 of the DTI guide as well as the general electrical installation models in the On-Site-Guide Pg's 50 to 54.

Last edited by terry gray on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

terry gray

Back to top Go down

The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  Empty Re: The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling

Post by yvonnew Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:27 am

Hi Terry i agree with all you say in this post, I try and get the contractors to run conduit so that they can label the conduit as some of them try and stick the labels to the dc cables which is not so good. Also saw a guy who was running the dc cablewith the positive and negative a good few feet apart as he told me that NICEIC course (might have been PPL) told him that they had to be at least a metre apart!

yvonnew

Back to top Go down

The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling  Empty Re: The Importance of Providing Layout Diagrams and Labelling

Post by terry gray Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:22 pm

Regarding the topic of running string cables, it is best that they are run in close proximity, so they are less prone to the effect of a lightning strikes as the loop will act like an aerial antenna. The NICEIC courses that I ran at Chesterfield made this point. I have also come across installers that have run the cables some distance apart because they were told to do this on a Solar PV training course run by others. I think the rationale behind this was that there would be less chance of the DC string conductors shorting out between each other. However, I consider provided the conductors are suitably rated for the maximum voltage present and double insulated (usually rated at 1000 v) then there should be little chance of this happening without some sort of mechanical damage, hence my comment to provide some sort of containment system for the string conductors.

terry gray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum